Code of Ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism in Research
Ethics and moral values are core principles of human civilization and human society survives and flourishes due to the constant struggle of knowledge seeker and creator. Knowledge society develops out of sincere efforts of scholars and academician so their intellect and labour must be properly recognised and acknowledged. Any efforts to discredit them results in malpractices. Since the college is recognised as one of the premier research centre of C C S University, Meerut, it is moral duty of the college to uphold the core value of ethics and academic integrity for promotion of quality research. As per the U G C guidelines and the university rules the college committed to promote ethical practice and promotion of quality research, free from any kind of plagiarism. All the researchers’ faculty members, research scholars, students and any other person who is associated with the college for the purpose of any kind academic activity shall be liable to follow the code of ethics, failure to follow ethics and rule would evoke disciplinary.
What Constitute Plagiarism and Academic Misconduct
Plagiarism: As per U G C (PROMOTION OF ACADEMIC INTEGRITY AND PREVENTION OF PLAGIARISM IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS) REGULATIONS, 2018 plagiarism is defined as ““Plagiarism” means the practice of taking someone else’s work or idea and passing them as one’s own.”. Use of others intellectual property in any form without due acknowledgement is considered plagiarism. Types of Plagiarism:
- Unintentional Plagiarism: Act of plagiarism committed due to ignorance.
- Dishonest OR intentional plagiarism: Deliberately presenting others data as their own.
Academic Misconduct (not limited to following acts):
- Plagiarism in any form
- Piracy and abuse of intellectual property rights
- Abuse of institutional resources provided for research
- Misrepresentation of data
- Manipulation of Data
- Fabrication of facts and data
Mechanism for promotion of code of ethics:
- Awareness program to make stake holders aware about the issue.
- Plagiarism checking mechanism at both the level: I. Concerned faculty will check the authenticity of the data used and would try to ascertain authenticity data with help of resources available offline and online. II. Stake holders of the college will use software to check plagiarism available in IQAC cell of the college.
- Faculty members who are member of different editorial boards will take utmost measures to maintain integrity of research.
- Penalty and action will be taken as per the rules of affiliating university and guidelines of regulating agencies.
- IQAC cell will provide necessary help to researchers in detection of plagiarism and selection of quality journals
Mechanism to check Plagiarism in the College
Following guidelines will be binding upon the all the stake holders i.e. Teachers, Research Scholars and any other who is associated with college for any kind of research work. IQAC will check plagiarism with the help of plagiarism detection tool, Plagiarism CheckerX Professional Edition and report of IQAC will be based on the said tool. IQAC reports about shall only be used academic purpose and same could not be used for any other purpose.
- Before sending research article/books for publication and submission of theses, concerned person will submit manuscript in soft copy to IQAC for checking of plagiarism.
- IQAC will make check plagiarism with the help of software available in the college, preferably within three days.
- IQAC will inform concerned person about the report of plagiarism checking.
- If plagiarism found more than the prescribed limit, IQAC will make recommendation for revision of manuscript.
- IQAC will also help research in process of elimination of plagiarism.
- After revision manuscript will be rechecked for plagiarism. If found suitable, IQAC will recommend manuscript